VINCENNES, Ind (WTHI) - We have an update for you on a couple quarantined due to the coronavirus.
Last week, News 10 reported on Jim and Linda Levell of Vincennes.
They were two out of 3,700 people on board a cruise ship near Japan. According to post made my the couple on Facebook, the Levell’s are not infected.
A Friday evening a post from Linda's Facebook page said the following:
"We need your help, please… We have just been told by a Japanese doctor that they want to test us for the virus. Even though we test negative, he said we will still be quarantined at least another 14 days!"
It goes on to ask people to reach out to their representatives so they can be tested at home.
We've reported passengers are scheduled to return February 19th when the quarantine is lifted.
News 10 spoke with a friend of the family. We're told the couple will be returning safely to the U.S.
- Vincennes couple to return home after being quarantined on cruise ship
- A Vincennes couple is quarantined on a cruise ship in Japan, a family friend is sharing their messages
- US to evacuate Americans on cruise ship quarantined in Japan from coronavirus outbreak
- A roller coaster on a cruise ship?
- American cruise passengers quarantined at US military bases
- Cruise returning early after hundreds of passengers get sick on Royal Caribbean ship
- A couple still aboard the Grand Princess cruise ship is suing Princess Cruise Lines for $1 million over its handling of coronavirus
- Cruise Critic picks world's best cruise ships for 2019
- THPD sends two police officers home to quarantine