VINCENNES, Ind. (WTHI) - One of Vincennes' biggest gathering locations has undergone some changes.
It's all in an effort to improve the quality of a popular community space.
The Fortnightly Building has some newly restored flooring.
For two weeks, the building was shut down while crews tore up the carpet and restored the original wood flooring.
Also, in that time frame, the library has installed a new speaker system donated by the Rotary Club.
There are still a few small parts of the project to be completed, including trimming around the flooring.
- Vincennes building receives renovations
- Vincennes students displaced while school receives renovations
- Renovations set to begin on Vincennes University building
- Vincennes University receives artifacts donation
- Four bids received for Shelburn Interurban renovation
- Downtown Vincennes receives money to update facades
- Vincennes University Foundation receives $4.5 million donation
- Vincennes University approved to tear down buildings
- Progress happening for renovations on historic Vincennes house
- Vincennes University to renovate Shake hall along with library