VINCENNES, Ind. (WTHI) - Vincennes University put a spotlight on the importance of mental health Tuesday morning.
Mental health speaker Mike Veny visited the campus for a presentation.
He gave his talk called 'Transforming Stigma: How to Become a Mental Wellness Superhero.'
Veny shared his story about growing up with behavior problems. He says he was expelled from several schools and had multiple suicide attempts.
Veny said he first stepped onto the path of public speaking when he needed help the most.
"I had a breakdown in 2011 and I called a mental health professional for help, and she said 'can I hire you?'" Veny told us.
He's delivered a TEDx Talk and has been featured on national television.
- Vincennes University speaker talks about the importance of mental health
- Speaker Series guest talks about the importance of customer service
- Mental health the topic of Thursday night speaker series
- Vincennes University receives artifacts donation
- Vincennes University names new Provost
- Vincennes University hosts job fair
- Vincennes University's aviation curriculum grows
- ATF agent talks to Vincennes University about active shooters
- Mental Health Emergency Training
- Child Mental Health Concerns