VINCENNES, Ind. (WTHI) - An investigation is underway after the bomb squad finds a device in a Vincennes apartment.
It started around 3:30 Thursday afternoon.
Vincennes Police Chief Dusty Luking told News 10 members of the Knox County Drug Accountability Court did a check at a home in the 1900 block of College Avenue.
During that check, officials spotted what they thought might be an explosive device.
Police took a man into custody.
That man told police the device was going to go off.
"We thereafter contacted members of the ATF, Indiana State Police EOD team and collaboratively, we worked together and made the scene safe. We did have to evacuate the 1900 block of College Avenue at that time," Luking said.
News 10 has learned when the bomb squad entered the home, they did find some sort of device, but it did not explode.
Police consider the situation resolved, but the incident remains under investigation.
- All Clear: Bomb squad finds a 'device' in Vincennes home
- ISP Bomb Squad on the way after trash can bomb explodes in Terre Haute
- Vincennes building receives renovations
- Construction closes Vincennes street
- Vincennes seeks levee certification
- Vincennes passes city budget
- Got skunks in your home? Don't use a smoke bomb
- Vincennes University receives artifacts donation
- Vincennes releases leaf pickup schedule
- Vincennes University names new Provost