VINCENNES, Ind. (WTHI) - Vincennes Police Chief Dusty Luking has been put on paid administrative leave, according to the Vincennes Mayor's Office.
A statement sent Thursday afternoon said Chief Luking will remain on paid administrative leave until an investigation concludes. The FBI executed a search warrant at the Vincennes Police Department on Wednesday.
Another police department in Knox County also had its chief put on administrative leave earlier this year. Chief Terry Stremming is facing charges of official misconduct and battery. Indiana State Police said he was arrested after an incident at the Knox County Prosecutor's Office.
Through this incident and other issues, the Bicknell Police Department has been dealing with staffing issues. Knox County Sheriff Doug Vantlin said that a draft of an Interlocal Agreement has been written up, and it will be discussed on Monday.
In the meantime, Asst. Chief Terry Johnson will be handling daily operations to "ensure the overall operations of the department, and continued service and safety to the public," according to the release from the Mayor's Office.
ORIGINAL STORY | FBI EXECUTED SEARCH WARRANT AT VINCENNES POLICE DEPARTMENT
News 10 reached out to the United States Attorney Southern District of Indiana asking about any potential investigation or allegations. The Executive Assistant to U.S. Attorney and First Assistant U.S. Attorney said at this time, the office cannot comment.
At this time, authorities aren’t releasing information about what or who they are investigating.
- Vincennes Police Chief placed on paid administrative leave
- Vincennes Police Department announces new police chief
- Vincennes mayor swears in new police chief
- Vincennes mayor says placing chief on leave after FBI search is part of city protocol
- Bicknell police chief placed on administrative leave after he is accused of battery against a prosecutor's office employee
- Vincennes Police Chief resigns - it's unclear if it is in connection to FBI investigation
- Police identify victim in deadly Vincennes shooting
- Police make arrest in Vincennes apartment shooting
- Vincennes building receives renovations
- Construction closes Vincennes street