VINCENNES, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vincennes Mayor's Office has confirmed Fire Chief Sonny Pinkstaff is resigning.
In a statement Wednesday, The Mayor’s Office said it received a letter of resignation from Pinkstaff.
Pinkstaff has served as Vincennes Fire Chief for the last 5 years and will continue to serve the department in previous position as Battalion Chief.
Mayor Yochum says he appreciates his dedication during his tenure as fire chief. “I know he will continue to serve the community with the same respect and dedication as always,” Yochum said.
Pinkstaff was successful in securing many grants for the department resulting in a safer community. These grants resulted in new drone equipment, Project LifeSaver, programs to ensure every home has a working smoke detector and technology updates throughout the department to name a few.
Assistant Chief Brett Bobe will step into the position as Interim Fire Chief.
- Vincennes Fire Chief resigns
- New Vincennes Fire Department chief sworn in
- Vincennes Police Department announces new police chief
- Vincennes mayor swears in new police chief
- Vincennes Police Chief resigns - it's unclear if it is in connection to FBI investigation
- Vincennes Police Chief placed on paid administrative leave
- Vincennes business damaged by fire temporarily relocates
- Crews battle factory fire in Vincennes
- At least one dead after Vincennes fire
- Vincennes house fire has been ruled accidental