TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) - Vigo County's Capital Imrpovement Board (CIB) met Wednesday morning.
The CIB renewed it's commitment to a new convention center and the board still wants to locate it in downtown Terre Haute.
The photo is a rendering of what the convention center could look like.
The board indicated a new convention center will be free standing and it will not be attached to the Hulman Center but it could be located near it.
The board will host a public hearing on a proposed food and beverage tax for Vigo County on Monday July 2nd at 5 p.m. at the Vigo County Annex.
- Vigo County's CIB renews it's commitment to convention center
- CIB meets to discuss convention center design
- Vigo Co. CIB asks State Budget committee to delay Hulman Center vote
- Jail, Convention Center, and saying goodbye the topics at Vigo County Council meeting
- Construction company selection for convention center project
- One step closer to a Convention Center
- Commissioners approve funding for convention center
- City council approves convention center funding plan
- County leaders approve Interlocal Agreement to fund new convention center
- Group working to save convention center plans at Hulman Center