VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A judge sentenced a Vigo County woman to 12 and a half years in prison.
Lisa Custer pleaded guilty to sexual misconduct with a minor and failure to warn of a communicable disease.
Under the plea agreement, another charge was dismissed.
Authorities said Custer told a 15-year-old boy she was HIV positive after the two had sex.
According to court documents, Custer's sentencing includes time served.
The court also ordered purposeful incarceration.
That means her sentence could be altered if she completes a substance abuse treatment program.
- Vigo County woman sentenced to 12 years for having sex with a minor, and not telling him she has HIV
- HIV positive Terre Haute woman accused of having sex with 15-year-old files for change of plea
- Vigo County woman faces a charge of incest as pair arrested on child sex crimes
- Vigo County traffic stop leads police to accused sex offender
- One adult, two minors arrested for series of Vigo County car break-ins
- Vigo County courthouse murals reflect 200 years of county history
- Minority students falling behind
- Robinson man sentenced for child sex crimes
- "Tell me when you can't breathe" Former Vigo County Commissioner facing charges of strangulation
- Commissioner tells News 10 Vigo County 911 Director Rob McMullen terminated