VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Vigo County health officials are taking steps to prevent the spread of certain disease.
We're talking about Hepatitis A.
It's a viral infection of the liver.
The Vigo County Health Department is holding Hepatitis A walk-in clinics this month.
The clinics are for people who have been incarcerated, use drugs, are homeless, or men who have had intercourse with men.
Health officials say the department is taking action now.
The clinics are free to the targeted groups.
The first of two clinics take place on Thursday the 16th starting at 8:30 a.m.
The second is on August 30th at 8:30 a.m.
It happens at their office on 696 South 1st Street in Terre Haute.
- Vigo County to host free Hepatitis A clinic
- Vigo County CASA hosts celebration
- Vigo County public library hosts literacy fair
- Vigo County YMCA hosts member's appreciation event
- Vigo County Hosts First Mock Election
- Vigo County schools to be free summer meal sites
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office offering free gun locks
- Toys for Tots hosts distribution day for Vigo county
- Knox County to host Dr. Suess day, free community event
- Vigo County CASA hosts trunk or treat event