VIGO COUNTY, Ind (WTHI) - Vigo County may start construction on a new jail next summer.
County leaders filed a court-mandated update on Tuesday.
It includes Garmong's proposed project timeline.
Here are some of the key dates ---
April, 20--19 for design completion.
July, 20--19 for construction to start..
April, 20--21 for the new facility to be operational.
The report highlights what the county is doing to solve on-going issues at the jail.
It also mentions new staffing.
Commissioners have plans to put the new jail on the former International Paper property.
The city wants to be involved because the property is within city limits.
There are meetings happening soon for the court.. And the city.
- Vigo County submits timeline to federal court for new jail construction
- Vigo County leaders talk jail conditions in federal court
- Potential cost and timelines released from officials in new Vigo County Jail study
- Vigo County leaders update federal judge on jail progress
- Jay Etling submits resignation from Vigo County School Corporation
- Agency selected for Vigo County Jail assessment
- Study underway at the Vigo County Jail
- Vigo County Commissioners report jail assessment completed
- Vigo County gets extension in jail lawsuit
- Update on new Vigo County jail location