VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A new school year starts in just one week for Vigo County students.
School safety is on the forefront for local leaders.
The Vigo County School Corporation employs around 78 school protection officers.
Those officers will go through some classroom and real-life training on Monday.
On Monday, the school corporation, sheriff's office, and Terre Haute Police gathered to discuss plans for the upcoming school year.
The main focus is to keep students safe.
- Vigo County school resource officers gear up for new year
- Community reacts to new School Resource Officer
- Vigo County students gear up for robotics competition
- Florida shooting leads to school resource officer debate
- School resource officers sworn in, need for more
- Graduation nears for superintendent training to be school resource officer
- Casey-Westfield Schools expected to approve resource officer
- Casey-Westfield board approves new school resource officer
- Every school in Parke County will have a school resource officer
- WV Human Resources Association Celebrates 60 Years