TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The health department received a big financial boost to ensure Vigo County children are properly immunized.
The Vigo County Health Department recently received word they received more than $75,000 in grant money from the Indiana State Department of Health.
That money will be used to meet several different goals.
One of those goals includes getting more people involved in "MyVaxIndiana," the state immunization registry.
The time period for the grant begins July 1st and wraps up June 20th, 2019.
- Vigo County receives grant to help with immunizations
- Sullivan County Humane Society receives $1,000 grant
- Two local counties receive grant for Narcan
- Clay County group receives $40,000 grant
- Parke County school receives $25,000 ag grant
- Vigo County election workers receive statewide recognition
- Vigo County K-9 Blaze receives recertification
- Marshall to receive housing grant
- Vigo County School Corporation cracking down on immunizations for students this year
- Vigo County Sheriff’s Dept. receives grant to enforce safety at school bus stops