WEST TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A Vigo County child was taken to the hospital after police say she ate laced gummy candy while at school.
The investigation started on Tuesday at West Vigo Middle School.
According to police, a 14-year-old girl was in possession of gummy candy laced with an alleged controlled substance.
Another student at the school was taken to the hospital after eating the candy.
Police arrested the student that was in possession of the candy on drug charges.
The Vigo County Sheriff's Office says they are investigating additional suspects and a search warrant has been served.
- Vigo County middle school student sent to the hospital after eating drug-laced gummy candy
- "It scares me, especially for younger kids..." Xanax laced gummy candy sends West Vigo student to hospital
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office and VCSC working to ensure student safety as Xanax laced candy investigation continues
- One hospitalized after Vigo County water rescue
- 400 middle school students fill the Vigo County Courthouse to learn about the legal system with mock trials
- Vigo County middle schooler wins red ribbon award
- Law enforcement holds active shooter training in Vigo County middle school
- Vigo County students celebrate Arbor Day
- Local middle school students celebrated at FABS Night
- 'Hopefully parents will sleep a little better knowing these drugs are off the streets...' Guns, drugs, and Gummy Xanax found during bust