VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Vigo County leaders have approved some new projects for the county.
On Wednesday, the Vigo County Area Planning Board met to discuss the projects.
Leaders had had a full agenda of resolutions to approve.
One involves rezoning a specific area of land on Highway 150 for a medical facility.
Another will make space for a Dollar General near 150 North and Durkees Ferry Road.
The final resolution involved rezoning the land for the new Vigo County Jail, near Honey Creek Mall.
Leaders say that rezoning would allow businesses to locate in the area.
The resolutions involving the medical facility and the Dollar General will now have to go before the Vigo County Council.
The rezoning for the jail is effective as of now.
- Vigo County leaders approve rezoning for new jail property
- Vigo County leaders hope to close on new jail property soon
- Council approves rezoning for future condos
- Attorney Handling Jail Rezoning Request Abruptly Retires
- Vigo County leaders receive one bid for former IP property
- Crews start work on new Vigo County Jail property
- County leaders unveil plans for new Vigo County Jail
- County commissioners approved preliminary design for new Vigo County jail
- City council could soon take up rezoning vote for the proposed Vigo County jail site
- Terre Haute City Council hears rezoning proposal for potential Vigo County Jail location