VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Vigo County Commissioners have hired a firm to audit businesses' personal property assets.
They entered an agreement with Tax Management Associates, Inc.
The county assessor said the county is missing out on a substantial amount of revenue.
That's due to businesses under-assessing their personal property values.
The firm helps the assessor in verifying the accuracy of those values.
There will be a finding-based payment system for the firm.
- Vigo County hires firm to assess businesses they say are underpaying their taxes
- Vigo County Commissioners report jail assessment completed
- Agency selected for Vigo County Jail assessment
- Local business hosts public meeting on property tax assessments
- 'What are our actions we can take legally?' Businesses feeling the sting of Vigo County property tax assessments
- Answers to your property tax assessment questions
- Vigo County's assessor speaks out after high assessments
- Vigo County Jail assessment could be done by Friday
- Vigo Commissioners, Citizens' group agree on special needs assessment
- Vigo County property tax deadline nearing