VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - We have an important health alert to pass along as a new school year starts in just a few weeks.
The Vigo County Health Department has vaccinations...both required and recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Health officials say this is one of the more important things a parent can do to get their child ready for the school year.
"Vaccines are really important because they help protect not just the individual who gets the vaccine but everyone they are around in the community," Roni Rozina, from the Health Department said.
- Vigo County health officials remind parents to get vaccinations before school year
- Vigo County health officials ramp up West Nile warnings
- Officials remind consumers to check for recalls
- Vaccination Day offers vaccines, health screenings to patients
- Officials remind parents about dangers of drowning as summer heat arrives
- Health agency investigating vaccine-associated infections
- Vigo County releases 2017 Annual Health Report
- Vigo County school resource officers gear up for new year
- Vigo County health officials say your child is not at higher risk of getting lice under new school policy