VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Vigo County leaders now have a new tool at their disposal.
It will help them collect back taxes.
It's called the Tax Refund Exchange and Compliance System.
The system allows counties to intercept state tax refunds.
It is for people who owe past taxes to the local government.
Vigo County officials will be required to inform delinquent taxpayers of their intent to notify the IRS.
Leaders say the new process will be much more efficient.
- Vigo County has new tool to collect back taxes
- Tool to view Vigo County road closures
- Vigo County property tax deadline nearing
- Vigo County Schools unveil new tools to encourage communication and school safety
- Thousands of dollars worth of tools and equipment stolen from Vigo County construction site
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office receives a new tool to help investigate crashes
- Vigo County sends property tax bills to landowners
- The Vigo County property tax deadline is Thursday
- Vigo County leaders discuss proposed food and beverage tax
- Vote on Vigo County tax; new jail in mind