VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - We now know when a site must be selected for a new Vigo County Jail.
Vigo County officials appeared before a federal judge on Tuesday.
That judge told them they must have a site selected for a new jail by mid-May.
Previously, county officials had to give quarterly progress reports. The judge switched that to monthly.
This includes reporting on jail population, jail staff hiring, efforts to build a new jail, inmate recreation, and jail violence.
The county has also reached a monetary settlement for all inmates that filed suit.
- Vigo County has hard deadline for new jail location selection
- Agency selected for Vigo County Jail assessment
- Deadline placed for Vigo County Jail update
- Vigo County Commissioners select a location for new Vigo County Jail
- Update on new Vigo County jail location
- Vigo County Commissioners speak out again on future jail location
- Vigo County leaders making progress in jail location search
- The search continues for a new Vigo County jail location
- Deadline quickly approaching for a new jail location
- Vigo County property tax deadline nearing