VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Vigo County commissioners took a major step toward fixing up properties will tall grass.
Under the new rules, you can be cited for tall grass if it's taller than eight inches.
Last year, that requirement was 12 inches.
A letter will be sent to owners once the property has been cited, giving the owners 10-days to get into compliance.
If it isn't taken care of, the county will cut the grass at the owner's expense.
The letter will also say if owners have another violation, they can come onto the property to gut the grass without warning.
The is similar to an ordinance currently enforced in Terre Haute.
- Vigo County cracks down on overgrown yards
- Crews mow overgrown grass at Bethesda Cemetery
- Vigo County School Corporation cracking down on immunizations for students this year
- Vigo County Schools cracking down on students who don't have their shots
- Fire at Sullivan lumber yard
- Vigo County Election Results
- Conservation Officers cracking down on illegal hunting
- Police crack down on "Fatal Four"
- Vigo County beach to close
- Donation benefits Vigo County park