VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Vigo County commissioner discussed the ide of 'Tiny Homes' at their Tuesday morning meeting.
Last week, the Terre Haute City Council approved the rezoning of an area on Chase Street.
Workers from Mental Health America of West Central Indiana will build 'Tiny Homes.'
It's just like the name says, they are miniature houses.
The hope is that the homeless and mentally ill will be able to use them.
Commissioner Brendan Kearns told us he is fully behind the move.
He says last week's vote could open doors to more tiny homes coming to the area.
- Vigo County commissioners discuss Tiny Homes Tuesday meeting
- Vigo County Commissioners discuss creating Census committee
- New president selected during Vigo County Commissioner meeting
- Vigo County Jail project takes center stage at commissioner meeting
- Vigo County Commissioner talks about opioid lawsuit
- Vigo County Commissioners report jail assessment completed
- Former Vigo County commissioner behind bars...again
- Commissioners appoint new Vigo County 911 Director
- First public meeting on Tuesday about Vigo County Jail future
- County commissioners approved preliminary design for new Vigo County jail