VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - There's a second candidate filing challenge in Vigo County ahead of the May Primary.
Steve Ellis is running for Vigo County Commissioner District 3 in the Primary against Fire Chief Jeff Fisher.
On his official candidacy form, Ellis filed as "Steve (Top Guns) Ellis.
Ellis owns the store Top Guns in Terre Haute.
LINK | SEE THE CANDIDATE LIST HERE
The person who filed the complaint took issue with the use of the business name.
We talked with Ellis on Monday. He said a lot of people recognized him by his business. He told us he thinks he's in the clear.
"I can respect where this gentleman is coming from," Ellis told us. "If it gets challenged and it's not allowed - then we will take it off."
From here, election officials will consider the issue.
- Vigo County business owner running in May primary uses his company's name on candidacy form - now it's being challenged
- Candidate removed from Vigo County primary ballot
- Vigo County Election Board gives the green light to two candidates facing challenges on Primary ballot
- Valentine's Day run benefits Vigo County YMCA
- Candidate filing challenge in Vigo County Commissioner District 2 race
- Golden Apple Nomination Form
- How does lightning form?
- How Frost Forms
- How do tornadoes form?
- How Does Hail Form?