VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A group has made a goal of bringing a casino to Terre Haute, and its taking action.
You may have heard the phrase 'Political Action Committee' or PAC for short.
That's exactly what this group is.
It's called the Advanced West Central Indiana PAC.
Its purpose is to support the referendum that will be on the ballot in the Vigo County election on November 5.
The referendum will ask voters if they are in favor of a casino coming to the area.
The PAC will use workers to make calls and raise money, encouraging people to vote yes.
According to them, this is a vote with huge implications.
"Anybody that's involved infrastructure or quality of life project...or anyway the casino can be utilized would have an interest," John Collett, from the PAC said.
This is a political action committee and is not a representation of any other organization.
News 10 is not aware of any other PAC, or campaign against the casino at this time.
We have heard many voice concerns saying a casino would not be a good thing.
- Vigo County group launches PAC to support casino referendum
- Vigo County voters approve casino referendum
- West Central Indiana PAC hosts an open house to discuss casino referendum
- Chamber of Commerce supports Vigo County Schools referendum
- Vigo County Commissioners support bringing casino to Terre Haute
- Vigo County voters approve school corporation referendum
- VCSC announces launch 'Vote yes 4 Vigo County Students' PAC and website
- Casino, school corporation referendum votes open to all registered Vigo County residents in November municipal election
- Trump conservative critics launch PAC to fight reelection
- Two community forums set to discuss casino referendum