VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A newly renovated bridge has reopened in Vigo County.
News 10 crews stopped by the Cook Road Bridge.
Crews closed the bridge for several months to work on repairs.
Last May, the bridge was washed out due to major flooding.
The bridge had two large culverts under it, and when it rained, debris would get stuck, making the flooding worse.
Authorities say the new design is paying off.
- Vigo County bridge reopens after months-long repair process
- Vigo County bridge reopened after structural damage repaired
- Parke County covered bridge closed for repairs
- Bridge on Cook Road in western Vigo County still closed; needs repairs
- Part of Vigo County bridge washes out
- Bridge closed while crews begin repair
- Repaired bridge design holding up after storms, crews hope to reopen it soon
- One arrested after months long heroin investigation
- Popular Brazil restaurant reopens months after fire
- Retired long-time Vigo County Deputy passes away