VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Hawthorn Park Beach will close in 2018.
That decision came down at the Vigo County Parks Board meeting.
Officials say because of that, improvement will be made to the Fowler Park Beach before it opens for the 2018 season.
They say the two members on staff will now focus on Fowler Park Beach operations.
We previously reported vandalism was an issue at the parks.
According to the Vigo County Parks Department, they were also dealing with aging infrastructure.
- Vigo County beach to close
- Vigo County road closed starting next week
- Another store closes in Vigo County
- Changes could be on the way for Vigo County beaches
- Popular Vigo County venue remains closed after mildew found
- Two Vigo County offices closed for bed bugs
- View Vigo County roads closed by high water
- Donation benefits Vigo County park
- Vigo County under Travel Advisory
- Semi overturns in Vigo County