TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The winter months can be a trying time for blood donations.
That's why one local agency stepped up to do its part.
The Vigo County YMCA held a blood drive on Wednesday.
When we stopped by the event, we found Steve McPheeters of Brazil making a donation.
We asked him why he feels this is an important cause.
"Everyone should come out and help donate. It goes towards people in the hospital and the military overseas and as a vet, I always try and volunteer," McPheeters said.
The blood collected will be handed off to the American Red Cross.
- Vigo County YMCA holds blood drive to help Red Cross
- ISU hosts Red Cross blood drive
- American Red Cross to hold blood drive at Indiana State University
- Make your appointment now for blood drive at Vincennes YMCA
- ISU group holds Friday morning blood drive
- Vigo County YMCA celebrates Healthy Kids Day
- Vigo County YMCA receives colorful upgrade
- Valentine's Day run benefits Vigo County YMCA
- Vigo County YMCA hosts member's appreciation event
- Union Hospital hosts American Red Cross Blood Drive, here's how you can still help