VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Every summer when school lets out, kids across the country struggle with food insecurity.
That's because for many students...they only have meals while at school.
That is an issue leaders in Vigo County hope to fix.
The Vigo County Summer Food Program started on Monday.
From Monday, June 3 until June 27...children can get meals at Woodrow Wilson Middle School.
That is only from Monday through Thursdays.
From July 22 until August 2, meals will be available Monday through Friday.
- Vigo County Summer Food Program kicks off, working to fight food insecurity
- Event raises money to end food insecurity
- Clay County Summer Food Program releases summer numbers
- Clay Youth Food Program
- Summer food program begins Tuesday in Clay County
- Vigo County School Corporation announces plans for the Summer Food Service Program
- Clay County Youth Food Program needs volunteers
- Ribfest benefits Clay County Youth Food Program
- Dept. of Education looking to expand summer food service program
- Local woman shares what it's like to live with food insecurity