TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI)- Students in Vigo County were off school Monday for the holiday, but dozens of young people showed up to learn more about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
The City of Terre Haute Human Relations Commission put on its annual Youth Leadership Summit. Kids turned out at the Boys and Girls Club to hear from Mayor Duke Bennett, the superintendent of Vigo County Schools, and to learn more about history.
The students celebrated the work of Martin Luther King Jr. and the leadership he instilled in people of all ages.
Those with the summit said the one message they would want the kids to take with them today is to dream.
- Vigo County Students learn leadership skills on day off
- Vigo County students learning real world skills after the purchase of an ambulance
- Could E-Learning Days replace snow days in Vigo County?
- Students take advantage of Vigo County summer learning program
- Vigo County students celebrate Arbor Day
- Vigo County Public Library to host leadership forums
- Competitors Learn Showmanship Skills at Fair Event
- Principal for a Day: Vigo County schools were under new leadership on Wednesday morning
- Kids learn lesson of inclusion at MLK Youth Leadership Summit
- First day for Vigo County students and superintendent alike