TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Terre Haute Police Department's special response team took one man into custody late Thursday night.
They arrested 58 year old Tim Biddy in the 1700 block of North 25th Street.
He was arrested on an outstanding burglary warrant at a different location.
Earlier in the day, the team had been training.
During the training, they were running through various scenarios.
Recently SRT added three new members from the Vigo County Sheriff's Office for training.
"It's a good opportunity for us both. The county and the city to join, especially for a specialized unit like this. It's something that us three and a lot of guys within our department has always wanted to do," Mike Ellsworth, who is training with the SRT said.
- Special Response Team makes arrest
- Local hospital gains a new critical incident response team
- Terre Haute Police train at Honey Creek Mall for special response training
- First responders team up with wreckers for special training
- Terre Haute Police make 5-year-olds birthday celebration extra special
- Special Olympics, Illinois torch makes a trip through Robinson
- Mattoon High School teaming up with law enforcement to discuss emergency response to recent shooting
- Special Olympics Economic Impact
- Kevin's Weather: SPECIAL PEOPLE
- Police make arrest in apartment shooting