VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A new year brings new vehicles for the Vigo County Sheriff's Office.
That's after county commissioners approved a lease-purchase agreement.
News 10 learned the lease is for five years, with ownership once the lease ends.
Officials say it will replace a good amount of the current cars within the sheriff's office.
Commissioners President Brad Anderson said a switch in finance companies and a better rate brought about the change.
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office set to receive new vehicles
- Sheriff's Office warning of phone scam circulating in Vigo County
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office warns of attempted scam
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office warns of ransomware computer hacks
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office looking for reserve deputies
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office warns about 'Price is Right' scam
- Set-up begins for Vigo County Fair
- Three vehicle accident Wednesday morning in southern Vigo County
- Five hurt in southern Vigo County single-vehicle crash
- Vigo County Dispatch receives alarming number of domestic situations