VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) -- The Vigo County School Corporation has called a time-out on one of their programs.
The backpack program has helped make sure kids have healthy food while they're not at school.
The program helps more than 4,000 students each month.
School's send home a pack with nutritional food to kids who might not have access during the weekends or long breaks.
When the program started seven years ago it only cost about $50,000 a month to provide all the packs.
Now, it costs about $180,000 a month.
Superintended Rob Haworth says the school is looking at ways they can keep the program, or something similar, but revamp it to match the needs of today.
- Vigo County School's backpack program getting revamped
- Backpack Program receives generous donation
- Local restaurant gives Backpack Program a boost
- Local 5k helps out school corporation backpack program
- Bulletproof backpacks for students
- New vaping program to be introduced in Vigo County Schools
- New Educational Vaping Program in Vigo County Schools
- Efforts to revamp downtown Sullivan paying off
- Terre Haute hospital makes donation to backpack program
- Grab some dinner and support the Backpack Program