TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Students at area schools share an unfortunate thing...loss.
Now, one of the schools' leaders is saying he's grateful for some special support.
North Central and Terre Haute South Vigo High Schools both recently lost students in crashes.
We've heard from students at North Central who made a donation to South.
Students at North Central were making a bench in honor of the three teens that were killed in a car crash.
They stepped up to help South do the same when one of their students was killed in a car crash.
Vigo County School Corporation Superintendent Robert Haworth said the area has dealt with a lot of tragedy lately.
"It's unfortunate that children just a few miles south f us dealt with that...to be in a position to help us," Haworth said.
Superintendent Haworth said the Vigo County Schools are ready to support students at any time.
He also said schools should be trying to do what they can to educate and help prevent crashes.
- Vigo County School Corporation's Superintendent is grateful for support from North Central students
- Vigo County School Corporation releases survey results
- Federal employees relieved, grateful for community support
- Judge denies motion to dismiss the charges against former Vigo County School Corporation Superintendent Danny Tanoos
- The search is on for a new Vigo County School Corporation Superintendent
- Raising Grateful Givers
- North Central Parke Schools to get new superintendent
- Vigo County School Corporation launches emergency text alerts
- Jay Etling submits resignation from Vigo County School Corporation
- ACLU lawsuit against Vigo County School Corporation dropped