The Vigo County Parks Department is set to take on a new project!
Plans for restoring the Irishman's Bridge are underway.
The covered bridge is located at Fowler Park in Vigo County.
In preparation for the work, crews will have to lower the lake around 5 to 6 feet which means the Fowler Park beach will be closed for the season.
We spoke with Vigo County Parks Superintendent Adam Grossman, he says many are upset about the planned closure but the work needs to be done.
"We know that it's not necessarily the optimal time of year to be lowering the lake and we don't take that decision lightly but due to when our contractor was available the best time of the year to do the work is when it's dry."
The closure begins Thursday July 11th.
The improvements will include a renovated covered bridge, fresh sand and shower house improvments.
- Vigo County Parks plans to fix Irishman's Bridge
- Vigo County Industrial Park Improvement Plan Announced
- Cook Road Bridge in Vigo County one step closer to being fixed
- Part of Vigo County bridge washes out
- County looking to fix bridge issue before opening Riley Road
- Donation benefits Vigo County park
- Parke County covered bridge closed for repairs
- Historic Parke County bridge vandalized...again
- Historic Vigo County bridge to make the move to a county park
- Vigo County Parks Superintendent announces her resignation