VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Calling all park lovers, one local park might be getting new upgrades.
The Vigo County Parks and Recreating Board voted on a project at Dewey Point.
The board will be submitting a grant for $236,000.
Leaders say Dewey Point is actually only 50 percent finished from the original park plan.
The grant will help them finish the park.
Their goal is to attract more people to the area.
"It's a tremendous sit that has had tremendous growth. Not only are the lands continuing to improve, there are more wildlife and migratory birds," Kara Kish, from the parks department said.
The board will submit the grant on Friday and will know the final results in February.
- Vigo County Parks board working to give Dewey Point an upgrade
- 'Weed wrangling' to clean up Dewey Point
- Vigo County Juvenile Center getting upgrades
- Donation benefits Vigo County park
- Two Vigo County buildings set to receive security upgrades
- Group works to give 12 Points a facelift
- West Terre Haute Area Parks Get Upgrades
- Collett Park Pavilion receiving roofing upgrades
- Southwest Parke School Corp upgrade elementary security
- Vigo County Parks Superintendent announces her resignation