VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vigo County Parks Department is in project mode for the summer.
On Tuesday, park leaders gave an update.
Maintenance crews are working on updating infrastructure and other improvements.
They're also looking ahead to the coming months and years.
The group put together a budget proposal for the city council.
The parks board hopes to expand its staff.
"We are asking for two positions, a full-time maintenance position, and a part-time maintenance position to assist our staff with growing needs in the community," Kara Kish from the parks department told us.
They put the finishing touches on the 2019 budget proposal.
County council members will have to give the final approval.
- Vigo County Parks Department hopes to hire new staff
- Vigo County Parks Department Making Syrup At Prairie Creek Park
- Vigo County Parks Department Preparing Hiking Trails for Future Park
- Vigo County Council approves funds to hire 24 new jail staff members
- Donation benefits Vigo County park
- Vigo County Parks Department receives $8,000 donation to build new county park
- Vigo County Highway Department Prepares for Winter
- Auction supports various Vigo County departments
- Rockville Police Department hiring additional police officer
- Vigo County Parks Superintendent announces her resignation