VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The new Vigo County Jail has been under construction since December of 2019. Poor ground conditions and Covid have delayed the project, but it is expected to be finished by March of 2023. Sheriff John Plasse says that the project is costing the taxpayers less than expected. "We're actually under budget, and to be under budget on a project this size doesn't happen very often," said Plasse. The new jail will include a regulated air system, which will prevent the spread of sickness.
Vigo County Jail is coming in under budget.
Posted: Feb 23, 2021 7:13 PM
- Vigo County Jail Progress
- Vigo County leaders making progress in jail location search
- Vigo County leaders update federal judge on jail progress
- Sheriff provides an update on new Vigo County Jail progress
- PROGRESS REPORT: Vigo County remote learning
- Despite a few bumps, progress on the new Vigo County Jail is moving along
- Attorneys for Vigo County Jail inmates express concern about new jail progress, asking for court-ordered update
- Progress being made for a new jail in Sullivan County
- County Commissioners form new committee to oversee jail progress
- Agency selected for Vigo County Jail assessment
Scroll for more content...