VIGO COUNTY, Ind (WTHI) - The Vigo County Redevelopment Commission is working hard to improve the county industrial park.
All with the goal of attracting new industry and good jobs.
The redevelopment commission heard details Tuesday about what's called the Vigo County Industrial Park Improvement Plan. A plan with ready to use sites, good roads and infrastructure.
And it's also what's called a TIF District. A TIF District essentially reallocates funds from property taxes to encourage investment. That means no tax dollars are coming from you to improve this area.
Board members say that's a win-win for the community.
No projects were voted on Tuesday. A vote should come at next month's meeting.
- Vigo County Industrial Park Improvement Plan Announced
- Vigo County Parks Superintendent announces her resignation
- KOA in Vigo County under new ownership, with planned improvements
- Road improvements up ahead for Vigo County
- Donation benefits Vigo County park
- Vigo County Parks plans to fix Irishman's Bridge
- New plan announced to improve Indiana’s rural areas
- A $3 million project is coming to the industrial park in Vigo County
- Vigo County Historical Society announces holiday hours
- Vigo County applying for funding to improve rural areas