VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - With warmer weather nearing, mosquitoes will be out in force before we know it.
The Vigo County Health Department has released its annual report dealing with this topic, and many others.
Last year, the county reports having 30 samples out of 83 tested positives for West Nile.
The annual report outlines the 2019 plan for mosquito and larvae control in the county.
The efforts include ramping up control methods.
That's in addition to public education on prevention and protection from the virus.
The department will also inspect tire retailers and junkyards for storage compliance.
- Vigo County Health Report reveals the county's mosquito control plan
- Vigo County releases 2017 Annual Health Report
- Mosquitoes with West Nile reported in Vigo County according to state
- Vigo County Industrial Park Improvement Plan Announced
- Vigo County Commissioners report jail assessment completed
- County leaders unveil plans for new Vigo County Jail
- Vigo County Election Results
- Health department offers tire amnesty program to combat mosquitoes