VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Flooding threats have Vigo County Emergency Management on alert.
Shipments of bags to fill with sand arrived in town on Wednesday.
Emergency Management is delivering bags to all county based fire departments in Vigo County.
Bags are available for those who need them, you just need to supply the sand to fill them.
"We’re just watching it closely and hope things will go down and settle down a little bit, and the water will start receding,” said director J.D. Kesler with Emergency Management. “It still has to go up a little bit before it comes back down due to all the rain north."
Please be aware if you are in need of a significant number of bags, you should contact
Vigo County Emergency Management directly at (812) 462-3217.
They will help you create an action plan.
Emergency Management officials continue to monitor all areas of the county. They are out and about inspecting areas of concern.
- Vigo County Emergency Management delivering sand bags to all county fire departments
- Vigo County Highway Department Prepares for Winter
- Auction supports various Vigo County departments
- Vigo County School Corporation launches emergency text alerts
- Vigo County Parks Department Making Syrup At Prairie Creek Park
- Vigo County Health Department set to hold tire amnesty
- Vigo County Parks Department hopes to hire new staff
- Vigo County Parks Department Preparing Hiking Trails for Future Park
- Vigo County Health Department to hold Tire Amnesty month
- Crews battle fire in eastern Vigo County