VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vigo County Electoral Board is still working on finalizing this year's voting plan.
The board has a month to go before they have to reach a final decision. They held a meeting Thursday morning with their main topics being voting centers.
The group is working on achieving the Meadows Shopping Center as a voting location. They are also hoping to have Indiana State University as well.
Vigo County Clerk Brad Newman says there are a few things that need ironed out before they make a decision.
"In the grand scheme of things I think that everybody's trying to make things happen working together,” Newman said. “And quite honestly that's what this is all about. We live here. It's working with people.”
The board will meet with City Council next week to decide on voting locations.
The final decision will have to be made by Wednesday, March 7.
- Vigo County Electoral Board still finalizing voting center locations
- Vigo County electoral board hoping for increased voting numbers, advertising polling locations
- Vigo County electoral board hopes to engage younger voters this year
- Vigo County opens additional early voting centers
- ISU approved, Honey Creek Mall added: Election board green lights Vigo County voting locations
- 21 voting centers approved for Vigo County, including one located on campus of Indiana State University
- Election board faces issues on voting centers
- New early voting centers set to open in Vigo County
- Police locate missing Vigo County man
- Update on new Vigo County jail location