TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) - The all clear has been given after a suspicious package was reported at the Vigo County Courthouse.
After the package was reported to police an emergency evacuation plan was put into motion.
A bomb-sniffing dog was brought to the scene to inspect the box and did not alert police of a bomb. The box was then opened and nothing was found inside.
"We just had some concern,” said County Commissioner Brad Anderson. “In today's climate you just can't take a chance."
Anderson and the rest of the Commissioners credit law enforcement with a quick response. Although this situation still scared some employees, to say the least.
- All clear given after suspicious package located at Vigo County Courthouse
- HVAC Issues close Vigo County Courthouse Early
- Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages
- Vigo County house fire ruled suspicious
- Courthouse out: Vigo County changes voting location to Annex, here's where else you can vote
- Vigo County courthouse murals reflect 200 years of county history
- Update on new Vigo County jail location
- Police locate missing Vigo County man
- Banner drops for CODA at Vigo County Courthouse
- Moms Demand Action urges change outside Vigo County Courthouse