TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - After two years of debate, Vigo County could make a decision on Tuesday on whether or not to build a new jail.
That's when the county council could vote on a proposed tax increase for the local income tax.
The increase would be a .75 percent increase that would cover the construction of a new jail.
A site for the new jail ha not yet been released.
The meeting is set for Tuesday at 6:00 at the Vigo County Government Center.
- Vigo County Council could vote on income tax increase for proposed new jail on Tuesday
- After nearly five hours, Vigo County Council votes to increase income tax to fund new jail
- Proposed increase to Vigo income tax includes public safety tax
- Vigo County Council set to discuss tax increase for new jail
- City council could soon take up rezoning vote for the proposed Vigo County jail site
- Vote on Vigo County tax; new jail in mind
- Two Wabash Valley counties will see income tax rate increase
- Terre Haute City Council hears rezoning proposal for potential Vigo County Jail location
- Vigo County Council committee votes to recommend 24 additional jail staffers
- Vigo County Council approves new jail location with a 5-2 vote