TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vigo County Commissioners say they support bringing a casino to the area.
They approved a resolution at Tuesday morning's meeting.
The commissioners say the idea would boost the economy by bringing more jobs and improving the tax base.
"We've got a convention center that we're working on and want other things to bring people to a community for a convention is having a place for entertainment and casino," Vigo County Commissioner President Brad Anderson said.
Anderson said they plan to meet with legislators in Indianapolis on February 6th
- Vigo County Commissioners support bringing casino to Terre Haute
- Vigo County leaders are still fighting for the casino being moved to Terre Haute
- Over 100 people go to Indy to support bill that would bring a casino to Terre Haute
- Vigo County Commissioner talks about opioid lawsuit
- Vigo County Commissioners report jail assessment completed
- Former Vigo County commissioner behind bars...again
- Hearing set for bill that could bring casino to Terre Haute
- Senate Bill 552 passes 10-0, a step that could bring a casino to Terre Haute
- Casino company places second bet on Terre Haute
- Terre Haute takes two more steps towards getting a casino