VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Vigo County Commissioners are celebrating a win for your safety.
Trans-Care will now offer services to the entire county under a new contract.
The county negotiated with Trans-Care to work through some previous issues.
There was once a dispute over whether Trans-Care or Township Ambulance should respond to calls.
There's a new agreement now in place.
Commissioners told us they are happy this service will be available again to keep families safe.
Townships will still have the ability to provide their own service.
- Vigo County Commissioners approve ambulance contract with Trans-Care
- A 10-year contract with Trans-Care Ambulance service was approved
- County commissioners approved preliminary design for new Vigo County jail
- Commissioners approve around $2 million for Vigo County road improvements
- Vigo County Commissioners approve jail design, $101,000 per inmate
- Vigo County commissioners approve bids for new jail project
- Sullivan County Ambulance update
- Brazil animal service contract approved
- Vigo County Commissioner talks about opioid lawsuit
- Vigo County Commissioners report jail assessment completed