INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WTTV) – Practice begins Tuesday for the Greatest Spectacle in Racing.
Veterans and rookies alike will hit the track ahead of the 102nd Running of the Indianapolis 500. Public gates open at 10 a.m.
Veterans will practice at 11 a.m. while the rookie orientation program begins at 1 p.m.
Here’s a look at the schedule:
8 a.m.-6 p.m.: Ticket and Credential Office Open
10 a.m.: Public Gates Open
11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Indianapolis 500 Veterans Practice
1-3 p.m.: Indianapolis 500 Rookie Orientation Program
3-6 p.m.: Indianapolis 500 Practice
6 p.m.: Public Gates Close
TICKETS: $15 (General Admission). Kids 15 and under are free accompanied by adult with ticket.
PUBLIC GATES OPEN (10 a.m.-6 p.m.): 1, 1B, 2, 4, 5B Media, 6, 7, Vehicle, 7 South, 9A, 10, 10A
STANDS OPEN: Mounds: Backstretch, Turn 2, Turn 3, Turn 4. Stands: B Penthouse (22-25), Gasoline Alley Roof, E Stand (1-4), E Penthouse, North Vista wheelchair, Northwest Vista (1-4), Northwest Vista Deck, Paddock (9-12), Pit Road Terrace, South Terrace, South Wheelchair Deck, Tower Terrace Wheelchair, Tower Terrace (37-42).
PARKING LOTS OPEN: (Infield Lots 10 a.m.) Limited Free: North 40, Turn 3, Lot 3P. ADA: 3P (free), Hulman lot (limited free), West Museum (limited free).
IMS MUSEUM HOURS: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., $15 IMS Gate Admission for Indianapolis 500 plus Museum Admission ($10 Adult, $5 Ages 6-15, Free 5 and under). Entrance into the grounds is free of charge on non-event days. However, during events the Indianapolis Motor Speedway charges an admission fee or requires a ticket to enter the grounds. This general admission fee or ticket price does not include admission to the Museum.
- Veterans, rookies to turn laps for Indianapolis 500 practice
- SCHEDULE | Practice resumes Wednesday for the Indianapolis 500
- Officials unveil pace car for this year’s Indianapolis 500
- Hemsworth to serve as Indianapolis 500 honorary starter
- Will Power takes checkered flag in 2018 Indianapolis 500
- Man auctioning off collection of 16 pace cars from the Indianapolis 500
- Indianapolis native, Butler grad Ed Carpenter claims third career Indy 500 pole
- SCHEDULE | Drivers hit the track for third day of Indy 500 practice at IMS
- Indy 500 Princess counting down the days
- Carrier delays, reduces upcoming Indianapolis layoffs