VERMILLION COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - We are learning more about a local couple that was seriously injured in a crash.
A Terre Haute man is fighting for his life, while his wife is trying to recover from her injuries after a motorcycle crash in Vermillion County.
It happened on Tuesday night, just after 9:00 on State Road 63 and County Road 1780 South.
Police say Danny Joe Smith, Jr. and his wife Rachel were heading south when a deer ran out in front of them.
Witnesses told police Danny swerved to miss the deer, losing control of his motorcycle before it flipped over.
Danny was airlifted to an Indianapolis hospital, where he is in critical condition.
Rachel was taken to Union Hospital in Terre Haute.
- Vermillion County motorcycle crash involving a deer leaves Terre Haute couple with serious injuries
- Authorities investigate Vigo County crash involving motorcycle and deer
- Driver cited after Vermillion County motorcycle crash results in serious injuries
- Police say no injuries in afternoon crash in Terre Haute
- Two seriously injured after motorcycle hits deer
- Terre Haute man dies in Edgar County motorcycle accident
- One hurt in crash involving bicycle in downtown Terre Haute
- Terre Haute man involved in a motorcycle crash will not survive as family works through organ donor process
- Terre Haute police chase leaves suspect hospitalized
- Terre Haute fire leaves four families displaced