VERMILLION COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A local mentoring program is receiving recognition for building a stronger community.
The National Association of Counties has announced its 2019 Achievement Awards.
The Commissioners' Mentoring Program in Vermillion County took home the top spot in one category.
It was in the Civic Education and Public Information category.
It is a program that allows high school students to shadow elected office-holders at the courthouse.
Students also perform honorary duties in a commissioner meeting.
The goal is to teach students about local government and promote civic engagement.
- Vermillion County mentoring program receives recognition
- Vermillion County mentoring program receives honors
- Vermillion County mentoring program honored in Las Vegas
- Good Samaritan receives Magnet recognition
- Vigo County election workers receive statewide recognition
- ISU's new Mentoring Center
- Local college receives recognition as sustainable campus
- Terre Haute based bank received special recognition
- FCCLA student group receives recognition from school board leaders
- Three people receive special recognition at Signature Healthcare