VERMILLION COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vermillion County Sheriff's Office arrested one man in connection to a stabbing investigation.
Deputies told News 10 Joshua Loveall entered a home without permission and attempted to force a woman to leave.
That's when authorities say another man stepped in.
According to deputies, Loveall stabbed that man.
That's when the other man grabbed a gun and shot at Loveall.
Deputies say Loveall then left the home.
Later that day, Loveall contacted authorities because he needed medical attention.
Police say he had a gunshot wound to the leg.
Loveall is currently in the Vermillion County Jail.
- Vermillion County man charged after police accuse him of stabbing another man
- Vermillion County man charged with crimes against a 12-year-old
- Man faces charges in Vermillion County, accused of driving van at more than 90 mph
- Vermillion County man arrested for dealing meth
- Man takes police on a foot pursuit in Vermillion County
- Vermillion County Election Results
- Vermillion Co. Deputies arrest man on trespassing and drug charges
- Man arrested after Vigo County stabbing
- Retired Vermillion County police K-9 passes away
- Illinois man behind bars, accused of stealing from his former boss in Vermillion County