PUTNAM COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Six people were hurt after an accident involving an Indiana Department of Transportation truck in Putnam County.
It happened around 3:00 Tuesday afternoon on Interstate 70 near the Putnam-Morgan County line.
According to INDOT, four of their crew members were parked on the side of the interstate to pick up trash.
While they were parked, INDOT says their truck was hit by another vehicle.
INDOT says the four workers were taken by ambulance to the hospital, two other workers were airlifted.
None of their injuries appear to be life-threatening.
The driver of the vehicle that hit the INDOT truck, 40-year-old Aaron Cass, of Bowling Green was cited for unsafe lane movement.
- Vehicle strikes INDOT truck on shoulder of I-70 in Putnam County, injuring 6
- Services set for Putnam County man killed in I-70 crash
- ISP believes fatigued driver the cause of single vehicle accident on I-70 in Putnam County
- Vehicle fire forces closure of I-70 westbound lanes in Putnam County
- Several vehicles involved in I-70 Crash
- 1 person injured in accident on I-70
- Two injured in four-vehicle crash on I-70 in Clark County
- Semi driver cited after hitting INDOT truck in Vermillion County
- One person dead after Putnam County crash
- Two hurt in Putnam County crash