KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Charges could be filed against six students at Vincennes University after a reported ‘altercation’ on Oct. 29.
Officials report charges for battery and disorderly conduct have been referred to the Knox County Prosecutor’s Office after the alleged altercation that happened at Kimmell Park.
One student has been referred to the Dean of Students Office.
Vincennes University Police report two students were treated and released from Good Samaritan Hospital.
“15 students have been interviewed about the incident,” a press release from Vincennes University stated. Based on the interviews, two students went to Kimmell Park Sunday afternoon intending to fight each other.”
At this time, no names have been released.
News 10 will continue to follow this story and bring you the latest when information becomes available.
- VU students facing possible charges after altercation at Kimmell Park
- Police investigating after armed person reportedly approached students at VU
- Kimmell Park in Vincennes dealing with flood water
- Police investigate reported hate crime on VU campus
- VU secures $2.5 million from state budget committee
- VU one step closer to multi-million dollar renovation project
- FAME comes to VU to teach the teachers
- Kimmell Park closed again to high water; University not worried about flood damage
- Cops: Chevy Chase kicked in roadside altercation in New York
- Former coach faces charges