VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vigo County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a suspect connected to a stabbing that happened on Thanksgiving Day.
Deputies report the incident at 3774 E. Park Avenue around 7 a.m.
A press release stated a 40-year-old male went to Union Hospital needing treatment for several stab wounds. The victim stated he was in his apartment that morning when two ‘masked individuals’ broke in.
Vigo County Sheriff’s Office reports the victim was able to pull the mask off one suspect and was able to identify him as 30-year-old Jonathan Micheal Cox. “According to [the victim] Jonathan Cox is now dating a former girlfriend of his and they are having a dispute over this,” officials stated in a press release.
A warrant has been issued for Cox’s arrest on charges of burglary and aggravated battery. If you have any information on Cox or this case, call Crime Stoppers at (812) 238-STOP.
Officials report they are still searching for the second suspect involved and warrants could be issued in the future.
- VCSO: Suspect wanted in connection to a Thanksgiving Day stabbing
- Police arrest second suspect in Thanksgiving morning stabbing
- Thanksgiving Day Fast Facts
- Two people stabbed early Thanksgiving morning
- Victim and suspect of deadly stabbing identified
- A Thanksgiving Day tradition and memorial
- Crime Stoppers: Two suspects wanted in connection to a credit card theft
- Crime Stoppers: Two suspects wanted in connection to thefts, burglaries at Futurex Industries
- Suspect wanted in connection to armed robbery at Terre Haute Subway
- Two suspects wanted in connection to theft at the Ohio Building